We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road condition uMfolozi

Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
Save Topic
Road condition uMfolozi

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Not often we go there that we don't see at least 4 of the Big five species, but the tarred roads have degraded to such a state that people travel next to them. As a matter of fact, the dirt roads are in far better condition\

Dear KZN Parks, please polish up the Crown Jewels, and fix the roads...}

1 reply
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road condition uMfolozi

Hello and I have no idea what the start of your post means? I was in Imfolozi last month and yes there are sections of the tar roads with pot holes. Heavy rains had also caused damage to some dirt roads to. People driving off the designated roads have spread to damage into the bush. People really should stick to the roads as its not only avoiding poor sections its people simply driving into the bush where ever they fancy, which is strictly against park rules! You should really aim your points of view to EKZN Wildlife as I know there is a repair plan in place but it has been delayed. What I will say is yes the roads are not ideal in places but that did not take anything way from my trip and some great sightings, particuarly that of wild dogs. If anything the pot holes may slow down speeding vehicles.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Reply to: Road condition uMfolozi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hluhluwe