We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Dayton, Oh.
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Have the choice of going to South Africa (area where Zulu Nayala is located and then Cape Town) either in March or October. Which month would have the better weather , i.e., less rain, warmer temps, better animal viewing, etc.? Thanks

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

This is a difficult one, I don't think there is really a "Better weather" option, between the two months.

March and October are pretty similar temperature and rainfall wise, being beginning Autumn, and beginning Spring.

Just remember the climate is different in the two areas, but either month should be pretty similar to the other month, for any given area, with very little to choose between the two.

Always allowing for the fact that climate is changing, and weather can be somewhat unpredictable.

As far as viewing animals is concerned, either should be good. there is no real bad time for animal viewing.

Shelly Beach, South...
Level Contributor
258 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

I agree there is no bad time for game viewing but in KZN in October the bush won't be as dense which will increase your chances of spotting animals and there are lots of babies around as most animals have their young in Spring.

Dayton, Oh.
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks, appreciate your reply.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Hello and following on from above....I have been in both months, to KwaZulu Natal, and with October being spring the grass will not be too long and general foliage not as dense. This will help with game viewing. When I was last there in October I also took a trip from St Lucia whale watching. It meant I got to see the biggest land and sea mammals over a couple of days. There are loads of things to do and see in the area around Zulu Nyala. We do go to the province every March but this is mainly to shorten our winter here in the UK.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Hluhluwe