We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operators

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tour Operators

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had ever used a tour operator called EcoTravel Africa?

I'm about to book a safari to Hluhluwe Game Reserve with them - but it would be good to get some opinions before I hand over the money!

Thanks!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operators

Hello and I have never come across the company you are asking after. May I ask what you are booking? Is it a day drive or does it include overnight stays? There are several options and ways of visiting Hluhluwe and the southern Imfolozi section, which I prefer.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operators

I haven't used them directly but on the odd occasion that I have used Trailfinders or Dial a Flight to book accommodation, the name of Eco as the SA handlers has cropped up on the paperwork.

are they handling all of your travel arrangements or just the game reserve?

if only the Hluhluwe part then you will find that many people on TA self drive and make the accommodation booking direct on the Sanpark website. There is not a lot of need to use an Agent in SA.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Operators

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. It's a 3 day tour with transfers, drives and accommodation at Hilltop. Should this company have booked the accommodation through yourselves?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Operators

I know you are not soliciting for tour operators, but if you find yourself needing one if you decide not to go with with services you mention in your post, I have used a tour company located near Durban and the area you are visiting. The company is www.cruiselite.co.za

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Operators

Hi Lauren, all we do is offer free advise and as yet do not offer any trips/tours/bookings at all. I would be interested to know what the costs are and how it works just out of curiosity. I have been many times and have always self driven & self catered. All I would say is, make sure you get down to the southern Imfolozi section when there. Its a stunning reserve!

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

6. Re: Tour Operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Hluhluwe