Having visited the Kruger regularly this will be my first visit to Hluhluwe–iMfolozi Park so I have a few questions if you don't mind.
We plan on staying 3 to 4 nights in the park doing self-drive and staying in self-catering accommodation.
1) Are there tarred roads or is it a combination of sand and tar?
2) Which part has the most animals (i.e. big 5) or are they pretty much evenly spread?
3) We are driving up from Durban – which camp is the best to stay for the first night?
4) We would like to drive top to bottom or bottom to top. Is it best to start at the top (Memorial Gate) or bottom (Cengeni gate) staying at different camps or can one base oneself in the middle and drive up and down over 3 days?
5) Is 3 days enough to see end to end without rushing……I am a seasoned Kruger Park visitor so understand taking ones time on safari?
6) Do the chalets/bungalows all have their own bbq (braai) facilities?
7) Do all camps have a convenient stores to buy wood, beers etc?
8) Are there picnic areas where one can hire a gas 'skottel' to make breakfast?