We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

We are looking to stay in ballito for 4 days as part of a 20 day holiday in SA.

We saw good reviews of the Ballito Manor Hotel, however we think that it may have been demolished and replaced with apartments.

Can anyone advise.

Any suggestions on where to stay in ballito.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

Hi Allan-ross! I am writing this posting while staying in one of the Balito Manor apartments! You are correct - it is no longer a hotel, but self catering apartments. they are of the most beautiful self catering apartments in our country, with a superb location, and I would still urge you to consider staying in them, unless you don't want to make food! Remember that you could still dine at restaurants if you stay here! I often overnight in the Balito region, and as far as possible, I try to stay in Balito Manor as it is more beautiful than any other accommodation in Balito that I have stayed in!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

Well I see Tanya has just answered your question. www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

Ballito vs Umhlanga Rocks

We are looking to stay for 4 nights North of Durban. We will be travelling down from St Lucia by car heading eventually for Durban Airport for our flight back to bonnie Scotland. We want to get within an 1 hour drive of the airport. We are looking for 4 days on the beach / pool to chill out at the end of a 20 day visit to KZN.

Where is the best place to stay. Ballito, Umhlanga Rocks or another town on the coast.

We are after somewhere not too busy, good restuarants, nice beach, safe.

Any recommendations on Towns and places to stay appreciated.

The Ballito Manor Apartments look nice but are quite expensive at 2000+ rand per night.

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

Ballito, Umdloti,Umhlanga, all have access to good restaurants and lovely beaches, can be busy in the Easter holiday season because Kzn is the place all South Africans travel to in holiday season for the beach, warm Indian Ocean and loads of family orientated fun. You could also look further South to places like Days at Sea Boutique Hotel on the South Coast. www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

5. Re: Ballito Manor Hotel - Is this there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Ballito