We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

don't miss the Litchee festival.

India
Level Contributor
173 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
don't miss the Litchee festival.

when I was looking for fruit picking in KZN I only found about Litchee festival at Cane Cutters........I found the website of Cane cutters but no reviews on Tripadvisor so decided to go ahead & put some info for future travelers..........

the Litchee fest normally starts mid Dec & last till mid Jan but the litchee normally run out before that so its best to visit in Dec............

Cane Cutters have a small restaurant with small pool & it seemed very popular with locals .....we tried the food & it was very nice & fresh..you need to book the tour at Cane Cutters.its R100 per adult & R 50 per child & you get to take 1.6 kg of litchee per ticket holder..........the tours start at 9 am & continus till 3 pm......from Cane cutters you are taken in John Dree tractor to Litchee orchard & get an hour to pick & eat as much as you want....try to wear comfortable shoes & long pants if you want to go right middle of the orchard where the juicy litchees are otherwise you can pick them right around the dirt road.........it was so fun & you really enjoy yourself............

it seemed quite popular with locals & we met many people from Stanger & Ballito ..

3 replies to this topic
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: don't miss the Litchee festival.

Hello and you haven't said exactly where Cane Cutters is, unless I am reading wrongly. Wish I was there as fresh lichee are lovely!

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

India
Level Contributor
173 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: don't miss the Litchee festival.

Cane Cutter is at Ballito .here is the website http://www.canecuttersresort.co.za/ or can google it .

Litchee fest still going on till 10 th jan ......

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: don't miss the Litchee festival.

Thank you and I was confusing with Cane Rats in Matubtuba.

Sadly I don't get to KZN until late Feb.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Reply to: don't miss the Litchee festival.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ballito