We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
136 reviews
Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

Traveling as usual to the Oludeniz region, looking at going with Turkish airlines next year, most flights from Gatwick tend to go via Sabiha Gokcen, where as the flights from Heathrow go via Ataturk. Although flights from Heathrow tend to be c£20-30 more expensive (but better times); which route in terms of transfer in Istambul is best?

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

I’ve travelled from Gatwick to both sabiha gokcen and ataturk. As I pick the flights were I have an hour and 30 minutes to get off one plane, get through passport control, security and then make a mad dash to the gate for the next flight I don’t have time to take in the the airport. Both seem very big or is it the gate I need is the furthest away! If the difference in price isn’t an issue then go with the time that you want to arrive or depart.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

Thanks Loopy, just windered which airport would be quickest getting from International arrivals to domestic departures, and visa versa

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,672 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

When we returned to the U.K. in October. We booked our flights with an American Website and all the London Airports where the same price. This is it

https://www.onetravel.com

As said make sure you give yourself plenty of time. We only just made it to our plane at Ataturk , Queues at the Security and Passport Control where big and we had a 16 minute walk to our Gate once we cleared Passport Control.

Edited: 13 November 2017, 18:23
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
908 posts
188 reviews
4. Re: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

I have been to both on a number of occasions and I find Sabiha Gökçen to be much easier to navigate. Never had to wait more than a few minutes for immigration whereas Ataturk I have always been in an hour long queue.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman

Cheers FJ and Henry PS nice pic FJ :-)

Reply to: Flights via Sabiha Gokcen or Ataturk to Dalaman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted