We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellers!

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellers!

Hi, I’m wondering about buying a diamond eternity ring in olu in July 2018 when we go in holiday. I know a couple of people who have bought engagement rings & got really good deals when valued back in the uk. Can anyone recommend anywhere in olu or surrounding area? Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellers!

Webby, me & my family have been using Oz Gold in Hisaronu for the best part of 20 years, they have items on display and they also makes bespoke if your after something different.

Cheers Adam

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,808 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellers!

Cut out the middle man and go to Calis Beach to Kursat and Mehmet at Safir Goldsmiths. They will make a ring from your own design so it is unique to you. The will also take any jewellery you have and remodel it. They do not sell ready made jewellery they only make it and repair it. They make Jewellery for the Jewellery shops too.

We have used them and I have had three rings made also had repairs done. We visit them every year and the shop is always busy with tourists having things made. A lot cheaper than going to a Jewellery and you can go in and watch your piece being made. We also get a full receipt from them with what Karat the Gold is and what the stones are, receipt is signed and dated, this is good for insurance purposes.

The Gold price around the world is the same, people who say they have had things valued in the U.K. get an Insurance Valuation, which is always three times more that the value. However what you do get is a unique craftsman made ring, made to your own design. This would cost a small fortune in the U.K. and take weeks, If you could find someone to do it. Their prices are always so good.

We met a couple in there in September getting an engagement ring made from a drawing they had taken in. We were lucky to meet them 4 nights later when the ring was made. It was so beautiul and they were delighted with it. The are on Kursat’s F.B. Page with the ring.

Go to Facebook and type in Safirgoldsmith Kursat. Then scroll through this pages and see some of the fabulous pieces he has made. I think you will be amazed.

Edited: 14 November 2017, 06:53
Mentioned in this post
Calis Beach
Calis Beach
1,762 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellers!

Brilliant thanks. I’m just concerned that they will tell me it’s such a diamond & when I get home it’s a piece of glass!!! Do you have any advise?

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,808 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellers!

They will not do this. They are very religious honest men. The have small area in the shop with a curtain, where they go to pray. I took a friend it to have a repair to a ring. She was delighted and we walked off down the road. When we got halfway down Kursat was running behind us. He told my friend she had given him too much money and handed it back over.

Kursat, has done repairs for us and altered pieces and we now go in for a chat when we pass. I always find something for him to do for me and hope to have a special piece made next year for our Anniversary.. I have spoken to English, German, Dutch people in the shop who are return customers as we are. No one would return if they where not totally happy. Many people come back to Calis every year as we do and return to Kursat to give him more work. Have you seen the lovely ring on his F.B. Page today, he just made it for a 25th Anniversary. I love it.

I would trust Kursat and his brother Mehmet completely, 100% they are lovely people.

Edited: 15 November 2017, 03:06
Mentioned in this post
Calis Beach
Calis Beach
1,762 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellers!