We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
162 reviews
Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

I just wondered what happens for the breakfast and lunches that aren't included in the price of the trip? Where go they stop - I need to know as my 11 year old is autistic and won't eat certain things (mainly foods mixed together like casseroles) and I will have to make plans.

Thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

I haven't done it with Thomson but when we went at the beginning of October, the Thomson coach stopped at the same place as we did. The stops tend to be the same for all the trips. The meals on offer tend to be typically Turkish. We stopped by Lake Bafa for breakfast and there was a variety on offer - from a typical Turkish breakfast (bread, honey, egg, olives, cheese) to gozleme (like a pancake) with a selection of toppings. Lunch was included in the price of the trip.

Hope this helps a little.

Jak xx

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
162 reviews
2. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Thanks, breakfast sounds like what you get at our hotel so no problem, he'll eat Bread till it comes out of his ears! Lunches aren't included on the itinerary online, I might have to see if the hotel will do a lunch bag for one day as we are AI. Then I've only got lunch on day 2 to worry about.

Thanks, that's a big help.

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
3. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Have you atually booked the trip? I ask because you will get it much cheaper when you get there by using a local tour agency. I had a quick look and the 2-day affair with Pamukkale from Hisaronu was advertised at £92. I seem to remember Jakki saying elsewhere that they paid around half that price, admittedly from Gumbet.. Reps will tell you that their trips are safer, better guided and fully insured, which the local ones are not, but this is probably rubbish. Just check for Tursab membership. My understanding is that insurance has to be in place before such membership is considered.

John

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
162 reviews
4. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Hi, no I haven't booked it yet as I wanted to sort the food thing out first, of I can't make arrangements suitable for my son there's no point paying out. It's out second visit to the area so we thought a little exploring was in order as last time we practically moved into the blue lagoon!

Edited: 04 November 2010, 06:09
Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
162 reviews
5. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Forgot to say we are staying at the hotel Greenland in ovacik, a little out of the way so if we have to get a taxi somewhere to join a trip it's going to add to the cost.

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
6. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Both forgetting things at the moment! Should have made it clearer that the price I quoted was from the Thomson site.

The trip will amount to a long day but Ephesus itself is amazing. I imagine though that you will be going in the long holidays. I went in May a few years ago and, even though only a few miles from the coast, it was hotter than Icmeler. Just need to remember that you should take even more precautions against the heat than in the resort.

John

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
7. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Like someone has already said it is better to book in resort. We booked last year through Pioneer, who are on the main strip in Olu Deniz, and the trip worked out to be half the price as advertised by First Choice. I'm sure the local firms do pick up from hotels on this trip but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I know we left Olu Deniz at a very early hour, 6 am, but it was worth getting up for. We did the overnight trip and it was really, really good. If you go hope you enjoy it.

Margtee

Nottingham
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Just adding to what's already been said, don't book with Thomson and book with a local company like focus or pioneer it really will be half the price for exactly the same trip. I remember when we had our meeting with the Thomson rep. We were told "The Turks are lovely people but don't trust them with your health and safety" Then went on to tell us how they stick a screwdriver in a socket to test if its live! and more rubbish like that.

Dagenham, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Why don"t you try carole and tayfun, which you can book online, if you email them they should be able to answer any queries you may have, we used them this year not for the trip you have mentioned but for others and found them to be very good. their email address is www.caroletayfun.com

Royston
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
162 reviews
10. Re: Anyone done ephesus trip with Thomson?

Thanks, I've added their site to my fav's and emailed them for meal attachments.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations