We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

ms
Level Contributor
364 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

First visit to BA in 3 more weeks! Will stay about 3 nights in BA, then 4 nights in Mendoza then 5 nights in Coroba. Need suggestions on where to stay in BA- reading Palermo is best but would really like to be super close to the underground (subway)---Have a rez at Glu but says it is a 15 min walk to subway....anything closer thats on the same level as Glu?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
289 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

Hi! The GLU hotel is about 10 blocks from nearest D-line station and around 15 blocks from the nearest B-line station.

Palermo is a big neighborhood with many sub-areas. The thing is, if what you want is to stay in Palermo Soho, which is the area full of stores, bars, restaurants, etc, you won't be much nearer to the subway than that. You could stay in other areas of Palermo much closer to the subway, but you won't be located in the Soho area of Palermo where many tourists choose to stay

Edited: 17 September 2017, 10:27
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
289 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

The D-line runs along Santa Fe Avenue in this area, so if you find a hotel that is closer to Santa Fe but still in the Soho area then you'll be closer.

Edited: 17 September 2017, 10:34
ms
Level Contributor
364 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

thank you for your reply--- In your opinion, what is the best (safest and easiest) mode of travel around town for a english speaking tourist...underground? Cab? Uber? Bus?

\

\

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

The safest is taxi/Uber if money is not a concern. For people who live in the city and don't need to commute to work then I prefer the bus, since I like to see the city sites as I am traveling and don't like to go underground.

While I have never been a victim to theft on the underground, it can be a challenge during commuting times and requires a high sense of safety for theft.

Also, Vain or Miravida Soho would be closer to Plaza Italia Subte stop.

Edited: 17 September 2017, 22:42
ms
Level Contributor
364 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo

Good info---thank you both for your input!

Reply to: looking for hotel near underground in Palermo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted