We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FlyBondi?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
33 posts
39 reviews
FlyBondi?

Has anyone flown Flybondi recently from Mendoza to Bariloche? What was your experience? How did you book, etc.

6 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: FlyBondi?

We were at Bariloche airport yesterday and there were some pretty upset passengers. Not sure what was going on but a big cheer came from the crowd when they announced the plane would be departing in about 3 hours. All the passengers got meal tickets too. But flying is expensive here and I thought about using them. I’d still consider them as long as I didn’t have a connecting international flight. It could have been delayed due to the storm in Buenos Aires too. Bariloche is beautiful. Just be warned if you take a tour and want English they charge 25% more there (they didn’t tell us till later). We only discovered on our last day how easy it was to get around by local bus too.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
107 posts
2. Re: FlyBondi?

My daughter (19yrs old- working in Cordoba the past 4 months) has flown 3 round trips - Cordoba to Buenos Aires and 1 roundtrip from Cordoba to Mendoza, all on FlyBondi. She has 2 more flights on FlyBondi before she departs at the end of May.This is what her response was when I asked her if she liked the airline:

"Good. Sometimes there were a couple annoying delays and sometimes you fly into an airport that’s pretty far out of town in Buenos Aires but it’s worth the price difference."

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
240 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: FlyBondi?

I keep seeing horror stories on the news about this company (very long delays, flights cancelled, airplanes taking off and returning to the same airport). There are other low cost alternatives worth exploring.

Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: FlyBondi?

I had a flight booked on them yesterday from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. It was a total disaster. All of their flights were delayed 2-3 hours, ostensibly due to weather problems that delayed the incoming flights. This was odd because the weather in BA was fine and the incoming flights were coming from many different places. Three hours later we boarded, flew almost all the way to Iguazu and turned around and returned to Buenos Aires. The descent into Buenos Aires was uncomfortably fast, and the plane appeared to drop very rapidly. We aborted one landing on the return to Buenos Aires due to "poor visibility", which again was odd because from my window everything appeared normal. It was not raining and the only problem appeared to be some low-ish clouds. Naturally, there was pandemonium inside the terminal, with 150 passengers yelling at three ground staff. I simply took my bags and left the terminal. This is not an airline.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
58 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: FlyBondi?

Hi Tuckles,

So I hadn’t done any research into them which maybe I should have BUT I did have a good experience with them (luckily maybe?)

We were in El Calafate and found cheap flights from Bariloche to Mendoza which has saved us a lot of time. We booked for about £40, what we did have to do is add additional baggage, hand luggage and checked in luggage. The price came to around £50, it took 1 hour 50 instead of the 14 or whatever it is by bus, and maybe only double the price of the bus.

Also when we got to the check in desk we found out we were meant to check in online before hand, which I said I had no access to my emails and they waved the 200 pesos each without any question whatsoever.

The flight was on time, and comfortable enough for 2 hours. Reading these replies I think we may have got lucky... in saying that I would probably book with them again, £40 instead of £240 from every other company! You get what you pay for I guess.

Alex

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: FlyBondi?

I flew Air Bondi today from Iguazú to Mendoza. Everything went perfectly. Arrived on time with my luggage. Was a little worried after reading all the comments. Price was very good although checked and carryon prices almost doubled the fare. At any rate very happy to fly direct to Mendoza in 3 hours and avoid a stopover.

I would definitely book with them again.

Reply to: FlyBondi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted