We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salta Itenerary 12 nights

Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Salta Itenerary 12 nights

I have the luxury of being in the Salta area for 12 nights this January, and I wanted to get some feedback about the itenary I am thinking of.

2 nights in Salta

Then rent a car - any ideas about good car rental agencies?

3 nights in either Tilcara or Premamarca - any thoughts?

1 night on the road between Tilcara and Cafayete. I am assuming that that is too far to drive in one day - any ideas about a nice place to stop?

1 night in San Carlos - near Cafayate, just because I want to stay in a small town

4 nights in Cafayete - just because I'm really into wine

Last night in Salta, so I catch my flight.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salta Itenerary 12 nights

Fh953; January is really a rainy time... but... considering you are not in a rush... it helps.

I suggest you to stay in Purmamarca better as it is a smallest place bue very picturesque, and more authentic...

I like Tilcara too, but not the same way. On teh other hand January is a pretty busy time for Tilcara as they "celebrate" what we call Enero Tilcareño... ( you would like to see it, but for not more than half an hour!)

I like that you want to do the loop the way I usually do because it is much easier that way. I suggest you stay one night in Cachi... one night in Angastaco if you want to do a night between Cachi and Cafayate... and you will love Cafayate. If it is raining too heavily, just wait, the rains are like a half an hour shower. Do not drive when raining for gorges.

Drive safe and enjoy.

Warm regards,

Angie

Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salta Itenerary 12 nights

Thank you, Angie! I will look into staying in Purmamarca and Angastaco. It's a good thing to not be in a hurry. I can wait out any rain that comes. Thank you for all the other posts that have have posted on this forum. You are a wealth of information. All the best! Frank

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salta Itenerary 12 nights

You will not find any hotel listed in Angastaco but Hosteria de angastaco always has a place... go, you will find availability anyway. The "hosteria" has also a place for your car to be in safe place. IF you are lucky and it is not raining... take the chance to walk to Los Colorados. People will help you finding the way.

Amazing place!

Angie

4. Re: Salta Itenerary 12 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2016, 13:17