We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2017

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
March 2017

Hi,we are going to visit my daughter in college at the end of March and spend 4-5 days in AZ. I need to find ideas and what to see or where to stay for those days between Tempe and Grand Canyon.I will be traveling with my husband and 10 year old son.I am thinking to stop at Prescott for 1 (2?) day on my way to Grand Canyon....what I should not miss on my way and what is your recommendation where to stay? Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,622 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: March 2017

Have you been to Sedona?

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
2. Re: March 2017

No I have not. I was just thinking that maybe I should make my stop there instead?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,622 posts
249 reviews
3. Re: March 2017

I would. I'm not knocking Prescott. It's a cool old town, but Sedona is way more scenic and offers a wider variety of activities for visitors like you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: March 2017

Hello Greatmom2– I LOVE Prescott — we visit all the time.. not only are the people amazing but the area is beautiful with so much to do and their climate is the best in all of Arizona... Prescott has great outdoor activities from golf to hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing.. the list of activities is endless... also there are so many cool museums ums and cool eateries .. best of all, Prescott is centrally located so you can sleep in Prescott and then do day trips to Sedona, Jerome, etc etc and return back for some local fun in town... as far as where to stay, my personal favorite is a small boutique hotel called Forest Villas Hotel.. this is a very stylish and immaculate hotel.. the staff is friendly and knows how to treat you like a guest in their home... they have an amazing grand lobby, free coffee and cookies and outside fire pits under the stars... the views from their hillside property is spectacular and their rooms have private balconies.. the kids have nicknamed it the “PALACE” lol... but for us its home away from home... we begin all our Arizona trips from Forest Villas Hotel... best of all their concierge will create a perfect itenary for you and your family and help plan your trip at no charge :-) .. I am so impressed with them and I owe them a 5 star review .. I hope that you get to enjoy Prescott and when you check in at Forest Villas Hotel, ask them about Lynx lake.. its very close to them ..

Edited: 15 February 2018, 05:09
Reply to: March 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Prescott