We are very excited to visit the Sedona area June 9 -16! We (hubs, myself, kids - 20, 17, 16) are arriving in Phoenix (late evening) on the 9th, driving to Sedona and staying at the Sedona Summit. I have a couple of general inquiries. I've read the TQ's and the Top Restaurants list doesn't really offer the specific info I'm looking for. Here are my questions:
1. Some of the comments regarding driving in the evening have me wondering if we should just spend our first night in Phoenix. My hubs is a great driver and we've seen our share of crazy road conditions and terrain but I'm wondering if this won't really matter.
2. Any favorite restaurants that can handle dietary restrictions? We do love yummy breakfasts, Mexican and great steaks. We can splurge on a couple of dinners ($150-200 for a family of 5) but prefer to stay fairly budget friendly for the rest of our stay ($50-75).
3. I'm a jewelry designer and have been dying to shop for wholesale beads at a fab gem store in AZ. I don't want to make the drive to Tuscon. Any thoughts on where to go within an hour or so of Sedona?
4. I've seen photos of people standing in an amazing swirling/smooth rock formation...what/where is that???
5. Unfortunately, I have a condition in my spine that prevents me from doing a bunch of hiking/walking. What are the best low-key sights, activities and day trips? We do plan to get up a couple hours before dawn to head to the GC for the day. Yep, we are only staying for the day and heading back before dark.
6. Is there a location where we can swim/jump into a spring or natural pool/waterfall? We are regular travelers to Cozumel/Riviera Maya and have been to Maui and LOVED finding great places to enjoy a quick jump in the water.
I think that's it for now. :) Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. We can't wait!!