We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay

My husband and I have stayed at Bosque Del Cabo twice (before kids). We are considering taking the kids age 6 and 7 to Bosque Del Cabo or similar hotel in the area for a few nights and then staying in Drake Bay for a few nights. Suggestions for hotels similar to Bosque and suggestions for hotels in Drake Bay Area that could be somewhat kid friendly? I love the OSA peninsula and really want to stay away from the touristy areas.....so we are not heading to Manuel Antonio, or Arenal. Hoping it's not too remote and adventurous for the kiddos! :)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
916 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay

Copa de Arbol maybe?? But splitting the nights between PJ and DB side really depends on your total; if for a week or more then do it. If less stay one place only.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay

I would recommend doing Puerto Jimenez plus Bosque del Cabo rather than Drake, unless there's something you really, really, really want to see/experience in Drake that you can't in PJ.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Drake Bay, Costa...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay

Touristy areas are everywhere, but for entering the park the numbers are limited around 150 to 120 visitors a day. Puerto Jimenez is a bit more crowded than Bahia Drake because of the public services and easy access throu the interamerican higway. Drake is simple and less than 1800 inhabitants.

I recommend La Paloma Lodge (http://www.lapalomalodge.com) in Bahia Drake, which is kids friendly and they have a great service plus a nice pool ocean view and customers can go kayaking in the river. There are also other places cheaper and very nice like Villas Drake.

Puerto Jimenez and Bahia Drake offer their very own attractions but…even though you read lots of helpful comments I suggests you can visit the places you will like the most.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
La Paloma Lodge
La Paloma Lodge
537 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Reply to: Puerto Jimenez and Drake Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay