We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

I had been planning on booking return flight from Drake Bay to SJ for 14th of January 2015, however having mentioned the size of the plane my boyfriend is now freaking out and saying he'd rather drive than risk crashing in Sansa's small planes! If anyone can resassure him or give your honest opinion about the two airlines it would be very much appreciated. If he can't be persuaded (its at the end of our trip so I don't want him worrying about it all the holiday) then I was thinking of renting a car again and doing the journey via San Isidro. On the way down to Uvita we are coming via the coastal road so wanted to vary it and travel back through the mountains as have heard that it is spectacular. Also thinking of stopping off at Monte Azul in San isidro for lunch (highly rated on tripadvisor) So my question is if we did drive, would this work:

Water taxi Drake Bay to Sierpe at 7am, rent hire car, drive to Monte Azul for lunch perhaps 12-2/2.30pm, continue on to San Jose staying last night in Santa Ana in the hills.

I have heard there can be fog on some parts of the journey, so would leaving Monte Azul in San Isidro at 2pm give us enough 'safe' time to reach San Jose before dark etc.

Sorry this has all been rather long winded but any help/comments would be greatly appreciated. All our trip is now planned and this is the last bit to sort out. Roll on January.

Many thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,505 posts
100 reviews
11. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

If for any reason you do not feel right…just drive…SANSA and Nature Air…both with great safety records…but nobody can guarantee any flight any time.

And regarding weather …also nobody can ever said is going to be better morning or afternoon flights…HOW ???

Just do what make you feel better!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
12. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

No problem, share with us your experiencie. Hattie is rigth they fly low so theres so much nature to see in a different perspective.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
1 review
13. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

Excellent choice. Let me know if you need hotel recommendations. I am a Tico living in Drake Bay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
14. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

Thanks DrakeBayOSa... Ive already booked for the Finca Maresia but as for restaurants/particular tours etc, if you don't mind I'll get in touch later in the week and perhaps you might suggest a few places.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
15. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

Well done! I will wait for your report, hope is gonna be an amazing trip.

16. Re: Fly to SJ (boyfriend v.nervous) or drive from Sierpe/PS?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay
Recent Conversations