We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestions for Itenary

Austin, Texas...
2 posts
Save Topic
Need Suggestions for Itenary

I will be in Costa Rica for 10 days in February.

I would love to make it down to Drakes Bay, in the most cost and time effective way possible.

I was thinking about taking the public bus from SJ to dominical/Uvita on day of arrival, and spending two days in that area, before finding transportation by land (bus/or shuttle) to Osa Peninsula and spending 2-3 days in that area, before heading back up the Pacific Coast and spending the rest of my time in Quepos.

I dont think this will be enough time to do all this with spending days traveling, but wanted to see what suggestions any of you have on how to get to Drakes Bay.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

High Five

Edited: 14 December 2014, 03:19
Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Uvita
Uvita
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Quepos
Quepos
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Suggestions for Itenary

Hey!

Uvita is a very nice place to stay- a small town with nice beaches around and lots of nature.

From there u can continue to Palmar and take the public bus or a cab (around 15 Dollar) to Sierpe. Sierpe is a very typical costa rican town. Very quiet and peaceful and surrounded by rivers, the largest mangrove forest/wetlands in central america.

In Sierpe you can find some small hotels, cabinas like Hotel Estero Azul. There are many things to do around Sierpe like an incredible boat tour on the river where you can see many many animals. I would suggest to stay at least one night in Sierpe. From there you can take the boat to Drake Bay or just do one day tours to Corcovado and Caño Island. Enjoy :-)

Mentioned in this post
Uvita
Uvita
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Suggestions for Itenary

Hi!

Honestly i have to say theres really no place like Drake Bay in Costa Rica, i would take the bus from Uvita to Palmar and then the shuttle taxi to Sierpe, (i wouldnt stay in Sierpe nothing to see or do) get on the boat to Drake Bay and try to go to Corcovado and Cano Island if you can, just the boat trip is an experience.

I was just there 2 months ago and loved it contact Pacheco Tours if you need help with any tours or information!

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Uvita
Uvita
Cano Island
Cano Island
865 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Pacheco Tours
Pacheco Tours
261 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Suggestions for Itenary

Check around Uvita…Tiki Villas…lovely place and from there Palmar to Sierpe…boat to Drakes…

Drake is so nice …for some reason Sir Francis Drake the Queen Pirates …choose the bay for his vacations…

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Uvita
Uvita
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Suggestions for Itenary

Not as cheap as using bus/shuttle/boat yet flying from SJO to Drake Bay is not too expensive. Then you can slowly return towards Quepos by using local buses, with stops in Uvita and/or Dominical.

Mentioned in this post
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Quepos
Quepos
Uvita
Uvita
Dominical
Dominical
5. Re: Need Suggestions for Itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2015, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay