We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

Hey everyone,

i do not, how do I get to Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a Sunday. Is it possible to go in the afternoon?

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
San Gerardo de Dota
San Gerardo de Dota
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

Drake Bay to Sierpe by boat. Bus from Sierpe to Palmar, departs at 10:30, arrives Palmar at 11:10. Change to Trans. Blanco bus leaving at 11:40 and arriving San Isidro at 2:00. Same bus continues on up the Pan Am. Hwy toward San Gerardo de Dota, kilometer 80. Realize that the public bus will drop you off on the Pan Am. Hwy, a long hike (5.5 miles) to the actual hotels and you need to call your hotel for a taxi. Check the bus schedule at http://thebusschedule.com/EN/cr/index.php and lonelyplanet.com/costa-rica/southern-costa-r…

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
San Gerardo de Dota
San Gerardo de Dota
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 04:17
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

There is also a second bus from Transporto Blanco, coming from Puerto Jimenez on his way to San Jose via San Isidro de El General. It arrives in Palmar (Norte?) at 16:00; Unfortunately, the bus from Sierpe that starts at 15:30 will miss it, so you would need to get to Sierpe early enough for 12:30 bus to Palmar. TB bus will be in San Isidro at 18:00 and at KM80 some 30 min later - dark but maybe the lodge owner will wait for you.

However it is much better to take the bus suggested by crfan!

Edited: 07 January 2015, 04:47
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

Cheers guys. That's a shame I hoped to make full use of my last day in Sarapiqui but looks like I gotta travel. Thank you.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

Drake Bay, not Sarapiqui, Greenfrog :-). The Sarapiqui part is still to be covered.

Using local buses is cheap ... but time consuming.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

Ahaha yes I get all these places mixed up.

7. Re: Drake Bay to San Gerardo de Dota on a sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 13:17