We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

I have found quite a few inexpensive places in San Pedro, ~ $10 - $15 for a room with private bath, but I'd like some real life recommendations. And what area is best. I just need it for a day or two, before a homestay with a Spanish school, and I'd like to be in a safe, central location.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
14 replies to this topic
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

Is there a website or a way to book Casa Lola?

New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

Unfortunately, Hugo is not really up to date on e-mail and doesn't offer online reservations. The only reason I had my friend call him is to get a big corner room. All of the rooms are nice, and they did build 2 more floors, so I really don't think you'll have an issue getting a room without reservations.

The only way I know how to reserve a room is to call. Hugo only speaks Spanish also. If you're going to Antigua first, perhaps you can call from there, or have someone from your Antigua hotel call him. One of the reasons I like Casa Cristina in Antigua is that I know if I ask Doña Rosario or her daughter Karin to do me a favor, they will if they can. A quick phone call to San Pedro is easy for them, and should be easy for any Antigua hotel staff to do for you.

The contact info is:

HOTEL CASA LOLA

8 avenida “C” 6-24 Zona 2

Tel. 7721-8153, 5958-8530

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
850 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

Honestly, anywhere in Guatemala, if you want to get a good price on a room, you are not going to get it on the internet. You need to do it with boots on the ground, and not everyone can do that. I don't know the OP's exact agenda but I might book a room in Pana for two nights and go over to San Pedro empty handed to negotiate. You walk into a hotel or hostel with a bunch of luggage and looking very tired, the price has a tendency to rise. Hell, most any hotel in Pana will watch your luggage for a day, so really you could just book a room in Pana for a night, party in San Pedro while checking out hotels for the next night, and so forth.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?

What I plan to do is have my first few nights pre-booked, then I'll do a homestay through La Cooperativa Spanish School. After that, I think that I'll be more comfortable just finding a place. I just don't want to be wandering around a new town in a country that I haven't been in before looking for a room. I've got no problem doing that after I've got "the lay of the land".

Reply to: Recommendation for inexpensive room in San Pedro?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro La Laguna
More San Pedro La Laguna Topics