We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No internet - the whole Town?

Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
No internet - the whole Town?

checking in to Hotel I find a laminated letter from the Mayor of Tusayan alerting me that there is little to no internet ( wifi or hard wired) in the whole town due to internet provider ( 1) that had oversold their bandwidth

Problem with that BS story is every purchase u made , every room I checked into , pass I bought, every tee shirt, bauble, trinket and entry fee I was gouged by was processed at lightning speed but for visitors there is suddenly no " bandwidth"

Sorry mayor bug your story lacks credibility!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,373 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

The message should read that Internet service in Tusayan is poor. The quality of the signal you'll receive will be a reflection of the quality of your device, as much as anything.

2. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 09:35
United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
3. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

If internet access if THAT important, you can get it thru your cell phone provider, for one example. I had Verizon for years while full time RVing and if you had a cell phone signal, you had internet. Easy as that!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

Just a note - I'm assuming that 'RichLoot' is the same person as 'Rich L'?

Rich, just as an fyi, it's against TA policy to have more than one Trip Advisor identity. In addition, it's confusing when you reply in your own thread under a different screenname. It's best to choose one, and stick with it. If you forgot your password for your original screenname, you can request that it be re-set.

5. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

6. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,373 posts
250 reviews
7. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

The TA police will remove your duplicate ids

8. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 08:05
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

Rich L: I don't think it is helpful to complain on TA. I can't see this of being much help in changing the situation that you unfortunately experience. Maybe it helped you feel better by venting but in order to change anything you would have to take a different avenue.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,353 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: No internet - the whole Town?

Is there a question in there somewhere? Or are you just letting us know that you made the mistake of assuming that your hotel would provide internet access? ;)

I would never assume internet or cell access in small remote towns or National Park areas. Usually pretty easy to check whether your hotel provides it ahead of your visit.

Get answers to your questions about Tusayan