We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Lockers in Dachau

bay area
2 posts
Save Topic
Luggage Lockers in Dachau

My husband and I will be traveling by train through Bavaria on route to Salzburg. We were hoping to hop off the train and spend some time at the Dachau Concentration Camp before continuing on to Munich.

We are wondering if there are luggage lockers of any sort at the train station where we could stow our bags until we are ready to continue our train ride.

I did a search of the tripadvisor travel forums and I did find a question posted on this very topic, however, there were no replies.

It would be a shame to travel so close to this important historical site and not be able to tour it.

I welcome any suggestions my fellow travelers may have to offer.

Thanks in advance,

Heatherly

14 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luggage Lockers in Dachau

I will be going through a similar situation, but I was wondering if we can bring in backpacks to Dachau, as that will be the luggage I'm carrying. I can't find anything on their website that says it isn't allowed...

12. Re: Luggage Lockers in Dachau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 June 2017, 04:17

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luggage Lockers in Dachau

There are seven lockers: 4 small ones and 3 big ones. We managed to fit one cabin sized trolley and one big suitcase in one of the big lockers and another cabin sized trolley in a small locker. The lockers closest to the ground are slightly bigger than the others. Be careful because some lockers do not work and they all are in a rather deplorable state. However, we had no trouble at all with them. The small lockers cost 1.50€ and the big ones 3€. You can use them for 24h, after that you have to pay a kind of fine.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,262 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Luggage Lockers in Dachau

As Stadt-Dachau said ages ago "There are lockers at Dachau train Station, on the side of the building facing the tracks. Four smaller ones for handbags or small backpacks. Three larger ones for bigger backpacks or in-cabin sized luggage.

The tourist information of the town of Dachau (located in the heart of Dachau old town) offers guests to leave their luggage in their office (during opening hours) while visiting the town or the Memorial."

Bear in mind the Camp Memorial is not in the centre of the town

Edited: 12 January 2018, 22:35
Reply to: Luggage Lockers in Dachau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dachau