We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

Hello,

I am sure the question has been asked but im planning 3 cities in less than 2 weeks so i unfortunately dont have time to dig through old posts :/ my apologies.

I am visiting Dachau Concentration camp during the 2nd week of august and wanted to know if there are other great sights nearby. my interests are not limited and i'd love to see a town, a beautiful lake, a palace.

I sincerely appreciate the help!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

Well, obviously, Munich is nearby ;-)

And Dachau also has a castle. Other than that, I find it - sorry - pretty boring.

If you're interested in seeing something else besides Munich and Dachau, you could check out Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm. It will take you 24 minutes by train, and cost EUR 8.10 (single trip). I'm mentioning it because the Chinese elected Pfaffenhofen/Ilm as the most liveable small town in Germany. Well - it's not THAT nice, but it is a nice town.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

Dachau itself is a nice Bavarian town.

http://www.dachau.de/en/tourism.html

Not far from Dachau there are the Schleißheim Palaces (10 km)

schloesser-schleissheim.de/englisch/n_palace…

and right next to them the Flugwerft Schleißheim, the aviation branch of the Deutsches Museum

deutsches-museum.de/en/flugwerft/information/

Than there is of course Munich.

And directly south of Munich you have the 5 Lake Region

bavaria.by/starnberg-five-lake-region-germany

Munich
Level Contributor
71 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

You could go Nyphenburg Palace on the way to Munich from Dachau. That is an outstanding sight and the "outbuildings" i.e., the hunting lodge , the folly and the poolhouse are even more interesting than the Palace. The grounds are vast and lovely. There is a great place for lunch at the old greenhouses. You can eat inside or out on the terrace. Go under the arches of the palace, follow the gravel allee and just about where the fountain is, it is on the right. It is marked. This is a must see for those interested in Wittelsbach history, love to see a fine palace or spend time enjoying beautiful spaces.

4. Re: Other sights and towns to see near Dachau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2016, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dachau