We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

Hi,

We are travelling to Dachau on July,7,2016.

I have a few questions?

1. what are the options of booking a guide (English) ? Should I book in advance or book when I reach?

2. What is the cost per person (or will we be taken in group)? We are a couple.

3. Is there any advantage of booking early?

- Sachin

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

There is an official English group tour, the last time I looked, it was at 11 a.m., for times see www.kz-gedenkstaette-dachau.de

The tour costs EUR 3 per person and there is no need to pre-book.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

Thanks a lot Petra !

You comment was helpful.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

i was there last year and i arrived when they opened for the day and signed up for an English speaking guide. No problems and more info than on your own.

If you get there early when they open, it will give you time to wonder around before the tour and you can do so after the tour.

just a comment. many people ask "how long does the tour take". Well our tour guide told us it will depend on the people and questions. But it could take from 2 ~4+ hours. Ours took 3+.

4. Re: Pre-book a guide or book when arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2018, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Dachau