We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air conditioning in villa

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Air conditioning in villa

I have only just been informed there is an additional charge for use of air conditioning, which I think is understandable, but think I recall reading somewhere that this should be included in villa rental price. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Gill

10 replies to this topic
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Air conditioning in villa

It probably means that the villa has not been registered and is not legal. The law is that all air conditioning should be included in the cost of the villa rental.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Air conditioning in villa

Common in Greece I think, but not Spain. I certainly wouldn't be booking one like that.

Was it concealed or did you not read the details?

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
103 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Air conditioning in villa

As above your rental has not been declared to the council and is illegal, it won’t make any difference to you as your holiday rental will still go ahead but the owner has no right to ask you for any additional cash....something you might want to point out to him/her.

The main key points are:

The accommodation must be fitted with air conditioning in the living area and bedrooms and if you are renting out your property between October and April, it must also be fitted with heating, that maintains a temperature of 19 degrees

You must offer a changeover cleaning service in between each guest occupation

Your property must offer a free internet service

On arrival, your guests must be given a document (in contract format), which includes: owner’s name, property manager details (if applicable), your inscription number if the Registro de Turismo de Andalucía, number of guests, check in and out dates and total price

You must also keep receipts and proof of payments for each guest occupation

All proof of payments and guest contracts (above) must be kept and made available to the Junta de Andalucia or government administration office (e.g. Hacienda) when requested

Your prices should be advertising on a per night basis and include: water, electricity, heating, fridge, cleaning and bed and bath linen

You must send a confirmation of booking to every guest, which includes total price of stay, including any extra charges and deposit

You may ask for up to 30% of the total due as a booking deposit and a finance deposit on key collection

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Air conditioning in villa

Thanks for that westwing2, I was looking for a list. I'm not too sure re the wifi, I don't think that is compulsory, but I'm sure someone will put me right on that point. I also wonder how the holidaymaker stands if anything happens, could the third party insurance become nul and void as it is not legal?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,099 posts
135 reviews
5. Re: Air conditioning in villa

The "Free Wifi" condition was dropped from the requirements, but most places provide it now anyway.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Air conditioning in villa

No mention of paying for Aircon in details provided by Home and Away

Thanks

Gill

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
210 reviews
7. Re: Air conditioning in villa

Tell them to swing for it when u pay them the extra at the END of your hols. it illegal. Ask them for their tourist licence number and mention the word hacienda aswell.that will make them go...

8. Re: Air conditioning in villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 July 2018, 04:00

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
210 reviews
9. Re: Air conditioning in villa

Is this the same as the tourist tax thread or anotjer similar issue? Different posters?

This is the number to make a police report in english they then fax it to your local station where you go and sign it.never used it so whether it works?

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Air conditioning in villa

Gill - that's very naughty then. I would email Homeaway for a start - they have their faults (mainly their fee) but they don't like things like that. I've found them very quick to respond when I've made mere suggestions.

Reply to: Air conditioning in villa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations