We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

Hoquiam
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

While my husband is in a work conference, I thought a bike would be a fun way to explore. My main interests would be the beaches, museums, and art galleries. My specific questions are:

* Is there a nearby place for a multi-day bicycle rental? (Helmet, too, so I don't have to pack my own).

* Would there be too much of a safety concern? Are there decent bike lanes, etc., in Costa Mesa or would I be fighting too much traffic?

* If I road to the beach, are there bike lanes or is bicycle riding allowed on sidewalks along the beach so I can explore a bit up and down the coast?

Mentioned in this post
Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa
Orange County, CA
6 replies to this topic
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

Where will you be staying? Costa Mesa is a large city. The best bets for bike rentals are down by the beach. There are 9 miles of bike paths in Huntington Beach. I wouldn't try to bike along Bristol near South Coast Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa
Orange County, CA
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
South Coast Plaza
South Coast Plaza
501 Reviews
Costa Mesa, CA
Hoquiam
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

Thanks for the response. We're staying at the Hilton which is, I fear, where you said you wouldn't bike. Might be time to learn the bus system, I guess. :)

3. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 14:54

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,893 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

If you are at the Hilton at Bristol & Paularino, it is a lousy location to bike from. On the plus side you are very close to great shopping that is walkable and inside the Mitsuwa Market across the street are four great places to eat Japanese fast food including Santouka Ramen.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

Thanks scott. I've wondered what was in that Market.

Hoquiam
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA

Sounds like I'll be taking the bus or walking to the beach areas and then renting a bike there. Shopping is running errands, imho, not recreation so I'll probably skip that. However, I'll check out the Japanese restaurants!

Reply to: Bicycling in Costa Mesa CA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Mesa