We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

charlotte, nc
1 post
Save Topic
400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

I'm taking a class in El Segundo at the end of September and need to book a hotel. The class location is 400 N Continental Blvd. The suggested hotel is the Double Tree. How long of a trip would it be from one of the hotels in LA to get to my class location. Doesn't seem like the Double Tree is walking distance to any restaurants or pubs that I can go to and hang out after a long day of class. I'm also open to stay in one of the beach areas if it isn't too far. I need to be able to have a good time after class.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

The area where your class is is light-industrial and chock full of aerospace companies and their buildings near the airport ... so there's not much there.

My recommendation is to stay in Manhattan Beach or preferably Hermosa Beach where there are lots of pubs/bars/restaurants and beach activities. In the mornings, you can simply drive up Sepulveda to get to class.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

We've stayed in the Doubletree Hotel. I'm pretty sure they have a free shuttle to the short distance to Bars and Restaurants in the town of El Segundo (but call to check). One popular one right on Sepulveda Blvd. is Stick and Stein sports bar about a half mile away.

On Richmond is The Purple Orchid Tiki Lounge:

www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/location.cgi…

Will you have a car, or do you want to walk? Most everything is located on the west side of Sepulveda.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,929 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

A second vote for Manhattan or Hermosa Beach. Having a car will be helpful although there is bus service on Sepulveda Bl (which runs parallel to the beach about a mile inland.

4. Re: 400 N Continental Blvd - El Segundo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about El Segundo
More El Segundo Topics