We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Attractions to El Segundo

Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Nearby Attractions to El Segundo

My brother and I will be visiting El Segundo in October and I was wondering if there were any nearby attractions? How far is it from downtown or other tourist areas in LA, and how is the beach? I've read a couple reviews that were not favorable of the beach, but they were all 3 years old- has anything changed? We will be staying at Homwoodsuites, it does not have a pool and I was wondering also how close to the beach it is?

Thank you very much

Mentioned in this post
El Segundo
El Segundo
California
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Attractions to El Segundo

It is basically the LAX area. The beaches just south (Manhattan, Hermosa etc.) are nice. If you get a rental car (highly recommended)you can drive to all the spread out attractions of Los Angeles. As you may have guessed, LAX is not the best area to be in, but with a car, you'll be OK. No matter where you stay (even Hollywood, Beverly Hills, or Santa Monica) you would still have to drive to visit most attractions.

Mentioned in this post
Hermosa Beach
Hermosa Beach
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,354 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
California
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Attractions to El Segundo

Homewood Suites in El Segundo is close to the 105 Freeway, which can take you toward different attractions in LA. People who live in ES go to Manhattan Beach, the next town south to swim in the ocean. There is bus service, but you should rent a car.

A mile from your hotel is a brand new shopping center, The Plaza and there are movie theaters and shops all around Rosecrans Ave. Go to the Pier in MB and you can watch surfers, rent a bike and shop in the cute village atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
El Segundo
El Segundo
California
Manhattan Beach
Manhattan Beach
1,253 Reviews
Manhattan Beach, CA
3. Re: Nearby Attractions to El Segundo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about El Segundo
More El Segundo Topics