We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites south lax V Embassy Suites Nth lax

Australia
Level Contributor
300 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites south lax V Embassy Suites Nth lax

Hi,

Just wanting opinions from people regarding the 2 Embassy Suites around LAX.

We have 2 nights and will be doing Universal Studios on the full day. Then Our friends fly back to SFO and we head down to SD.

Is one or other in a better location or a nicer hotel??

Thanks

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites south lax V Embassy Suites Nth lax

Both hotels are very close to one another: only 2.2 miles. By car, it would take less than five minutes to get between the two of them. So, there's not much difference as far as getting to and from either hotel.

The Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-International Airport North, at 9801 Airport Boulevard in Los Angeles, is right in the thick of all the hotels and car rental companies that sit along Century Boulevard just to the east of the airport. The hotel is not run-down--just average. There's not much to walk to, other than a fast food restaurant, so the area is not pedestrian-friendly or some place that you would want to explore.

The Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-International Airport South, at 1440 East Imperial Avenue, in El Segundo is a nicer-looking, Spanish-style hotel. It sits adjacent to a busy highway that runs along the southern edge of airport and a small, residental area in the town of El Segundo. However, there's not much to walk to by this hotel either. You still would want to drive to eat at some place other than the hotel.

While I've never stayed at either hotel, if both hotels have a the same room cost, and if you plan to take a tour bus or something and you can pick it up at either hotel, then I would pick the The Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-International Airport South. You'll still be able to hear the airport at both hotels, but it might be a little quieter at the Embassy Suites in El Segundo.

Australia
Level Contributor
300 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites south lax V Embassy Suites Nth lax

Thank you CTKads,

Your opinion matches what I was able to gleen ovet the internet.

I think we will go with ES South.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

London, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites south lax V Embassy Suites Nth lax

Yes, I made the same decision. I did originally book the north location but then changed it to the south 'cos it looked nicer and the reviews were all good.

Get answers to your questions about El Segundo
More El Segundo Topics