We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

Petts Wood, United...
Level Contributor
511 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

Hope you can help me, I'm staying at the Hacienda Hotel for 2 nights in June because my tour starts from there, I've been reading the reviews on here and I've never found such mixed reviews about a hotel! can you help me? what is it really like?

Am ok with basic as long as its clean and with a/c, would appreciate the truth!

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

Hi

I'm staying at the Hacienda Hotel (although couldn't find any reviews myself). We are just there for one night but wondering how easy it is to get around from there.

Thanks

Angela

las vegas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

I have stayed at the Hacienda many times, in fact I grew up a couple blocks away and used to sneak into their pool long ago . I use it when I come back for visits. The staff is friendly, coffee shop is decent and it is a overall a lovely hotel for the price. I try to get a room overlooking the pool area, or even better a ground floor one with patio doors opening to the pool area. These rooms seem larger and are decorated quite lovely. I always get a balcony room, I think its like 5 bucks more. Keep in mind the place is old, and if I remember correctly, one tower is a bit older than the other. I have never experienced any problems here and recommend it to anyone. The neighborhood has many restaurants, a bar or two, and a grocery all within walking distance.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,824 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

The hotel is popular with tour groups and people in general since it is one of the least expensive hotels in the airport area. The difference in the reviews stems from the fact that when they are busy, they are BUSY and things can get a little sloppy -- people not getting the rooms they wanted, having to wait to check in, etc, etc.

The most recent reviews are here and they don't look too good:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32341-d7797…

If it were me, I'd spend a little bit more money (it's your holiday -- you deserve it!) and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Reviews are here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32341-d2243…

(BTW, if the Hacienda is a 3-star hotel, I'll eat my hat!)

The 2 hotels are only 1/3 of a mile apart but oh, what a difference! (Read the reviews)

Here's a map from one to the other.

http://tinyurl.com/2lbhty

Good luck!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

Good afternoon

The Hotel is a favorite of Airline employees* around LAx, the prices are right and you get what you pay for.

( * mentioned that part where the word of mouth for best prices / most convenient etc... goes fast ).

The proximity of the Ralphs supermarket, starbucks ect, already makes it a better value in my book ( better than being stuck in a hotel with a coffee shop/ restaurant and nothing around )

free shutlles on a regular basis to LAX.

Surely you are looking for a clean room to rest and will be going around during the day.

The Hacienda works for me for that purpose.

For the very good/ very bad reviews always take each with a grain of salt.

Meherio

5. Re: Hacienda Hotel El Segundo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about El Segundo
More El Segundo Topics