We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

Wei
Vancouver
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

I have a test there in the coming January. I am looking for some inexpensive places to stay for a few nights(<5). Also, I'd like to reach 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard on foot. Can anybody recommend some places for me?

Thanks

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

Here is a map of 100 North Sepulveda (evidenced by the red star).

http://elfurl.com/vln62

As you can see, the runways of LAX (the airport) are about 10 blocks north, Therefore, you can stay at "airport area" hotels that are in El Segundo and have no problem walking. There is a bus that runs up and down Sepulveda Bl that will speed you to your destination should you not want to walk. It runs frequently (about every 20 minutes) and costs $1.25 each ride. (A $3 DAY PASS entitles to unlimited rides. Buy one from the bus driver in the morning).

Here is a link to hotels in El Segundo with customer ratings. They all have maps so you'll be able to see how close they are to 100 N. Sepullveda. (From the map above, the distance from the southern edge of LAX to 100 N. Sepulveda appears to be about a mile (about 1.6 km).

Here are the el segundo hotels....

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32341-El_Segundo_Cal…

They are ranked with the most preferred at the top in diminishing order of preference.

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

Hacienda Hotel, Travelodge LAX South, and Homestead Studios are all walking distance.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,697 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

Your test is right on the corner of Sepulveda Blvd. and El Segundo Blvd. (The Oracle Building) Across the street on the other corners are a golf course, a car wash and the Chevron refinery. The Hacienda Hotel might be the most reasonable and closest hotel in walking distance. They usually have some specials.

lima
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

hi, I also have a test at 100 N. Sepulveda, on January 17 for the Step CS exam, If you already find a place to stay let me know , may be we can pay something together. my email is renzocb@yahoo.es

Renzo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

My fiancee and I just wrote USMLE CS also in Dec. We stayed at the Doubletree hotel, El Segundo. It is literally a 5 min walk from the hotel to test site. Also, there are a lot of places to eat less than 10 min walk from the hotel. Once your done the 8 hours of sheer frustration, you can go to Manhattan City (shopping area) for a nice bite and some relaxing shopping time which is only about 5 -10 min cab ride away. Good luck :)

6. Re: Look for accomodation near 100 North Sepulveda Boulevard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about El Segundo
More El Segundo Topics