We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

North of Sydney...
2 posts
How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

Hi

Have been looking at some hotels in Hawthorne for 1 nights layover, how safe is this area?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,994 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

If you are talking about the couple of Marriott Hotels on Aviation Blvd. in the City of Hawthorne, there is no problem. Just cross the street and you are in Manhattan Beach where everything is. A couple blocks down on Rosecrans Ave. are many restaurants, shops and theaters to choose from. Also nearby is the Ayres Hotel, at the 405 Freeway and Rosecrans. It's a bit farther from the restaurants, but fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I live in the area.

North of Sydney...
2 posts
2. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I was looking at the Holiday Inn Express at Hawthorne,

Many thanks

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,994 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

I know that Holiday Inn Express is a newer hotel, but I would not stay anywhere on Hawthorne Blvd. where it is located, and no, there is no where to walk around.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

The area is so-so. From the best of my memory and looking at google maps, there isn't much to see or do in the area. Looks like a new hotel, so there may be some revitalization in the area.

South Bay
2 posts
5. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

as long as you stay west of hawthorne blvd. you will be fine. east of hawthorne blvd. is a little rough, but not that bad. I don't know what the other person is talking about, there are plenty of good restaurants in hawthorne. one of them is the Pizza Show, best pizza in the south bay if you ask me.

South Bay
2 posts
6. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

As long as you stay west of Hawthorne blvd. you will be fine. East of Hawthorne blvd. is a little rough, but not that bad. We have great places to eat. One of them is the Pizza Show. Best pizza in the south bay if you ask me. The beach is only about 4 miles away too.

7. Re: How safe is Hawthorne for families to walk around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Hawthorne