We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know where the metal circle sculpture is?!

Isla Vista...
1 post
Save Topic
Does anyone know where the metal circle sculpture is?!

I heard there is a really cool sculpture somewhere in joshua tree thats made of metal circles. It looks like a lot of metal circles that make a ball shape and I'm pretty sure its not in that sculpture garden. Was wondering if anyone knew!? Thanks!

Cliffhanger Guides
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Joshua Tree Excursions - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
The Climbing Life Guides - Private Trips
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
2 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know where the metal circle sculpture is?!

Can you provide a picture of that?

I know of 2 collections of sculpture, which may or may not be of interest to you. I don't think either one has the specific sculpture you are looking for, though.

One is the collection of the late artist Noah Purifoy, in Joshua Tree, California. See noahpurifoy.com/joshua_tree/joshua_tree.html and http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/12915

The other is the collection of metal sculptures by artist Ricardo Brecera. These are in two locations: one on his property east of Temecula: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33165-d71… and the other, much better-known, are the 100+ metal sculptures of prehistoric animals and imaginary animals, scattered around the town of Borrego Springs, in the middle of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park: desertusa.com/borrego/Borrego-metal-sculptur…

Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
940 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know where the metal circle sculpture is?!

Don't know if you're still checking this tread but perhaps you mean something by this local artist: There are metal sculptors of his work in Joshua Tree, Yucca Valley, 29 Palms and many other places. His website has a link called "installations" and if you see the only you are looking for then the location is listed.

http://www.joshuatreevillage.com/529/529.htm

simidabahsculptures.com/about-simi-dabah/

Reply to: Does anyone know where the metal circle sculpture is?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Joshua Tree