We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels that include day pass to spa?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels that include day pass to spa?

Does anyone know of any SD hotel with spa that includes a spa day pass for hotel guests? We like to take advantage of sauna, steam and jacuzzi, with the occasional treatment mixed in...

Any info on quality of spas would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels that include day pass to spa?

The Lodge at Torrey Pines has a nice Spa attached to it. We enjoyed it very much. Check their rates to see if in your budget for lodging.

Good luck.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,914 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels that include day pass to spa?

Hi,

I don't understand your question?

Most hotels with spas allow their guests to use the facilities.

How high end in price are you thinking of going?

Will you have a car and how long are you staying? I ask because there are hotels with spa facilities in many different locations within the city of San Diego and its surrounding county.

For example the Loews Coronado has steam room and sauna as part of their fitness center which is included in the resort fee they charge when you book a room.

It is a lovely hotel for a relaxing get away but without a car it is isolated from the shops and restaurants of Coronado(about 9min away ) and is across the bay from downtown San Diego(15min).

Level Contributor
36,173 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels that include day pass to spa?

What is your budget? There is a nice spa at The Hotel Del Coronado which is a full-service luxury, oceanfront resort. :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels that include day pass to spa?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Riff -- I guess I was trying to say that many spas located in hotels are separate entities. We've stayed in hotels with these spas that allow guests to use the spa facilities at no charge, and others that charge a day pass fee to use the facilities, unless you have a treatment. We prefer the former : )

As far as price, would like to keep it at $200-300 per night, as we need to book two rooms.

Edited: 14 September 2017, 02:32
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,914 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels that include day pass to spa?

Thanks for explaining.

In addition to the Loews, mentioned above the Hilton Mission Bay Resort also has a steam room as part of its Fitness center which all guests can use.

In my research today I have not found other hotels with spa facilities that include steam room and jacuzzi, which allow guests to use them without some sort of extra spa pkg or treatment. Perhaps someone else may be more diligent and find them but so far I don't see any others that fit that requirement.

Reply to: Hotels that include day pass to spa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Jolla