We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anthing to do around Galt?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
342 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Anthing to do around Galt?

Hello,

I was randomly booked to a hotel in Galt on Priceline when I was targeting the area around Sutter Creek. As it is, I had booked us for two nights in Lodi and I now have two additional in Galt subsequent to my Priceline venture. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do around Galt, but outside of Lodi for a couple of days?

Thoughts appreciated!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,002 posts
5,925 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

Galt is 10 miles from Lodi

There are wineries in the area

http://www.lodiwine.com/

Sutter Creek is 34 miles away (about a half hour drive)

So let us know if you have a car as you can easily do the things you wanted to do in Sutter Creek if you just drive there and back.

Here is Galt's visitor Guide

wgonlinebrochures.com/clients/…galt.pdf

to many of us Galt is a town we pass by on the way to other places....

not a destination

If you do not have a car, let us know that too.....

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,419 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

In Galt or "around" Galt?

If you were looking to be in the Sutter Creek area, Galt and even Lodi are very poor substitutes.

Sutter Creek is in the gorgeous rolling foothills of the Sierras in Gold County and Lodi & Galt are flat, rather unattractive farm land.

What sort of activities are you looking for?

Cosumnes River Preserve is about 20 minutes away if you are into wildlife and the CA State Capitol Building is probably 30 minutes without traffic.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
342 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

Thank you both for your ideas.

We will have a car. We stayed in Sutter Creek last year, so I am familiar with it and really like that area. I was targeting Sutter Creek on the, "name your own bid" portion of Priceline and I chose adjoining communities as well as I had seen a reference on the web that Sutter Creek is the only town in that area that participates in Priceline's name your own bid section...so much for that.

In any event, being that on this trip I will be staying two nights in Lodi-proper and am now locked into Galt (you cannot cancel a name your own bid "winning bid"), I am wondering what I might sight see, etc.

We are actually in that area for wine, primarily. We enjoyed the Plymouth area barberas in particular last year. I found one winery with a Galt address so far. I'm glad to see Galt isn't too far from Sutter Creek area as mapquest sounded distance at about 45 min.

I read about the preserve, but we will be there the second week of Dec and aren't really bird watchers.

Are there any nice restaurants in any of the small towns in that area outside of Lodi?

Are there any interesting wines in the hinterlands between Plymouth/Sutter Creek/Galt?

That's kind of what I am looking for....historic towns/sites, wineries, nice food, scenic spots, etc.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,419 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

Galt's claim to fame in the culinary world is The Squeeze Inn, a decent country breakfast and burger place.

You don't really hit wineries until you leave Ione headed up to Plymouth then you hit Nua Dair, Convergence and Tanis.

5. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 21:57
Edited: 21 February 2014, 21:57
6. Re: Anthing to do around Galt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2016, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Lodi