We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years

Syracuse
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Years

Will any wineries be open New Years Day? Where would you suggest to go for an early dinner on 12/31. Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years

Any particular reason you have chosen to be in Lodi on New Year's? I gather it is not family or friends, or you would not be asking where to go, etc.

Syracuse
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years

We fly into Sacramento on 12/31 about 1 pm. Need to be in Modesto on 1/2 for work. We could stay anyplace along the way but thought Lodi would be a good choice. Maybe visit a winery the afternoon of 12/31?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years

Hope you like red, because that's what Lodi does (and quite well too). www.lodiwine.com should point you to wineries and their hours.

Shiloh lives in the area, hopefully he'll be around shortly to assist with dining recs.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years

It's only a 1 1/2 hour drive from Sacramento to Modesto. I would get a room on the Delta King and watch the Fireworks in Old Sacramento. Head to Modesto on the 2nd.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years

I'm back! Sorry about the late response, life's been hectic lol.

I'm finding that the wineries we visit will be closed on New Years Day. I'd suggest calling the Lodi Wine and Visitors Center and ask They also have a tasting room on site that is usually open until 5:00 PM. As a side note, they're on the grounds of the Wine and Roses Inn a beautiful hotel/restaurant/bar

Lodi Wine & Visitor Center

2545 West Turner Road

Lodi, CA 95242

Phone: (209) 367-4727

Email: lwwc@lodiwine.com

Early dinner on NYE? We have choices, I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, what do you like? Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Burgers, California?

Syracuse
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years

Thank you for the responses! We will stay in Sacramento on 12/31 and head to Modesto on 1/1. It doesn't look like much will be open New Years Day?w

Edited: 26 December 2015, 20:36
Reply to: New Years
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lodi