We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

Can you please tell me the length of the Cirque du Soleil season at Santa Monica. Is it only for a short time, or semi-permanent? (I won't be visiting until July, but would love to get tickets if it is still playing at that time. Thanks

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

We have tickets for OVO, but I think it only runs through March in Santa Monica.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

Its not permanent - the show is done in tents that are ste up in the parking lot at the beach. Looking on the web site it appears that the last performance in Santa Monica is on Marhc 25. If you want to see Cirque while you are in town, they have their permanent show at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, Iris.

Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
21 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

You might like "IRIS" at the Kodak better. We saw OVO last week & were disappointed as it was not the calibre of KA or IRIS (not that the performers are not talented.) Also, I believe OVO is only running through March.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

I saw OVO as well. I haven't seen Iris yet, but of the other Cirque shows I've seen (I've seen 5 or 6 in Santa Monica and at the Forum in Inglewood), I would say that OVO probably has the best costumes but otherwise was the 2nd worst of the bunch. Not bad, just not as spectacular as most of their other shows.

5. Re: Cirque du Soleil at Santa Monica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 17:34