We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
915 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

Hi,

We are considering the option of the Zephyr train ride to Lake Tahoe with a car rental for 3nights Vs driving from Mountain View,CA.

I looked at options with Enterprise and Hertz and they seem to be 10miles from the Amtrak station. Enterprise closes at 2pm on a Saturday so that is ruled out.

Are there any car rental companies with offices at the Amtrak station?

6 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,412 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

we rented from Hertz a few years ago after taking the train and they came and picked us up from the Amtrak stations

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
915 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

thank you belomiser. I read reviews that Hertz makes you go to the airport 10miles away. I will call and verify again.

Truckee, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

I have always rented at Hertz at the Truckee Airport (which is about 5-7 minutes away), but I believe they offer some rentals down at the train depot. May be worth a call.

4. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2016, 07:05
Edited: 25 October 2016, 07:05

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,613 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

Wendy, while these forums are great ways to pass along your travel experiences, resurrecting threads that are months (years!) old to post the same thing over and over is creeping close to being spam.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,356 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm

Susan - she is spamming on another thread with the same link. Reported.

Reply to: Car rental options at Truckee Amtrak on Sat at 3pm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truckee