We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

We are going up and staying near Truckee/Donner Lake this weekend and looking for a nearby snow play area to build a snowman and pull a sled. Is there any snow now at Donner Lake level or will we need to go a resort? We just need somewhere to play and some flat areas to possibly try cross country. But for maybe a half hour to an hour only (cross country ski)...most of the time likely throwing snow balls, knowing my son. Would rather not have to go to a resort but not sure if there will be snow this weekend with the warm weather..

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

Anyone with any info on snow or not near Dinner Lake for this weekend? What about the trail to Castle Peak? Just need to find some snow!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,963 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

I was there 2 weekends ago BEFORE the big snow storm and day temps were 40-50's and there was a snow play area with tons of families right off/south of I80 near Sugar Bowl. Let me find it for you...

Edited: 27 February 2016, 00:33
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,963 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

It is the Kingvale Resort:

http://kingvaleresort.com/

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

Thank you so much! We will check this out!

Truckee, California
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

There is a hill across the parking lot from Cottonwood Restaurant that's quite nice. You can get directions at www.cottonwoodrestaurant.com.

6. Re: Snow near Donner Lake/Truckee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Truckee