We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TheElkhorn or The charter?

NH
Level Contributor
109 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
TheElkhorn or The charter?

We have 6 adults skiing for a week in Feb. Both these places have 3 bedroom condos. Can anyone offer advice from staying there? It seems that The Elkhorn is further from the center of town but it is listed as ski on/off. Thanks for any help---I have checked Trip Advisor and they both seem to have good ratings.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TheElkhorn or The charter?

Both are nice and are very comparable. However, the Charter has more amenities - restaurants, spa, pools, etc if that is of importance. I'm not sure you can go wrong here. The Charter also has ski access if you are a good skier as well as a shuttle bus to the Village. Elkhorn has a lift right near the property for mountain access.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TheElkhorn or The charter?

I would say if amenities (pool, restaurant, spa) are important choose the Charter. If you are coming to enjoy skiing and not in need of those things Elkhorn is a much newer and prettier property. Chair 14 is right at the door. You can ski home through Creekside Park or take the free shuttles. You can walk to the center of the village in 5 minutes. Elkhorn Lodge is right across the street from the Charter. The Charter is HUGE: 156 units, the Elkhorn: 52.

Other differences: Charter has wood-burning fireplaces, Elkhorn's are gas. Charter is a catecomb underneath to park, Elkhorn has easy-to-navigate garage parking.

Elkhorn's decks are 3 times the size as Charter's. Most 3 bedrooms in Elkhorn will have vaulted ceilings. (personally, can you tell I like Elkhorn better??!!!)

NH
Level Contributor
109 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TheElkhorn or The charter?

Thank you so much for your input! I thin we'll go with the Elkhorn!

4. Re: TheElkhorn or The charter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek