We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2011

Detroit
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Summer 2011

Considering trip out west including Beaver Creek with my wife and 17 and 9 year old sons. I have spent time in Beaver Creek during the winter. I am concerned that there won't be a lot to keep my kids happy. They have never hiked but they could. We could bike ride, horseback riding, etc. Thoughts of activities and amount of time? We plan on flying home from Denver. Should we stop in Breckenridge for a day or two? Thanks for your help.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2011

No shortage of things to do! During summer, rent bikes at the base, the lift carries bike and you up and you "coast" (very fun) down. Horseback riding, many hiking trails, 4 X 4 jeep tours, fly fishing and for boys that age, a zip-line just west a few miles off I70. It takes you across a canyon several times. Summer is a wonderful time to be in Beaver Creek, and your sons are the perfect age to enjoy.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2011

I live here and don't want to leave in the summer months. If the family is active and loves the outdoors, fresh air and mountains, this is a great place. Vail is busier in summer and Beaver Creek is a charming town. Both have lots of trails, hikes, and festivals. Lots of al fresco dining, but bring sweaters. Check event calendars, too! My husband is from Detroit area and one of the highlights for him is when the Colorado Grand car race pulls through town (September). Piney Lake Ranch just north of Vail is a beautiful spot to spend a day or even possibly camp overnight in a teepee. As long as the family does not mind sunshine and fresh air, I'd recommend this trip. Breckenridge is nice for a night or two. It is more of a 'town' than the resorts in the Vail area.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2011

You mention horse back riding so I thought it would be worth mentioning the Lost Valley in Colorado. It’s a super family ranch with three separate kids clubs and great rides through the Pike National Forest. There’s also a free 2011 family ranch stay on offer as part of the current horse-nality contest. Here’s a link to more info… http://bit.ly/b1wS89

4. Re: Summer 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 14:30
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek