We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

Raleigh, North...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

My husband and I (both 30), are coming to Beaver Creek in early Feb. 2011 to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We are trying to decide between The Osprey or The Ritz. We plan to do a lot of skiing but also want to do a couple of nice dinners, and I'd like to have breakfast available. I know both properties are very nice, I'm just trying to determine if one is slightly better than the other. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,794 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

Hands down, go with The Osprey. You simply cannot beat the location with a lift right outside your door and simple 2-5 minute walk to most anywhere in the Village.

I have not stayed at The Osprey since it was rebuilt/renovated a couple years ago, but used to stay there all the time when it was Inn at Beaver Creek. It's managed by RockResorts (Vail Resorts).

I've stayed at the Ritz and gone to functions there. I've been totally unimpressed. And it's extremely remote. Yes, it does have its own lift, though.

I'm sure you'll get a diversity of reports, but I think you'll enjoy The Osprey far more.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
499 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

We are staying at The Osprey in January....nice location. We got a pretty good deal on a RockResort sale. Still, if I had a choice, even-up, I would definitely choose the Ritz. I love the Ritz and do not find it too remote---its a grand mountain lodge. and is regularly rated one of the top handful of mountain hotels in the country. The lobby at the Ritz is perfect for lunch or cocktails. Great outdoor firepit, pool, hot tub, amenities at Ritz.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

They are very different properties, both are very nice. Osprey is a small boutique property located right next to the lifts and walking distance from the Village. Ritz is a full service resort in Bachelor Gulch, so a bit more isolated. You can't go wrong either way. If you want to be in the heart of things, Osprey. If you want the full service resort experience, Ritz.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

Osprey hands down. Ritz is in Bachelor Gulch and although a LOVELY property there is nothing else over there. From Osprey you can easily walk to all the restaurants in Beaver Creek & ski in and out at your door.

5. Re: The Osprey or The Ritz @ Beaver Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek