We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q&A About BC/Vail Area...

Fort Lauderdale...
8 posts
Save Topic
Q&A About BC/Vail Area...

I am going to be traveling to Beaver Creek/Avon/Vail area (not sure yet) from Dec 9-12th for my birthday. Its going to be me, my girlfriend and 2 other couples all in our mid-20s. I have some questions regarding my trip. I have done research on all the hotels and the Westin Riverfront, Park Hyatt, BC lodge have caught my eye and within my budget. Which is the best lodging in that area that I will be close to everything? I plan on renting a car, seeing that I will be flying into Denver. Also how is the night life, bars, etc? Having done my research, I plan on it snowing during that time. And what else outdoors activities can I do besides skiing. I have heard great things about both villages (BC & Vail). Just trying to make the best decisions right now based on the facts.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Q&A About BC/Vail Area...

Out of the 3 you listed The Park Hyatt is the best choice as it is right at the center of beaver Creek & at the base of the mountain. The westin is in Avon. Beaver Creek Lodge is okay, just does not have the amenities that Hyatt has.

Best nightlife is in VAIL. Beaver Creek is "sleepy" after skiing! Your age group would probably like Vail better if you can find lodging there within your budget? You can always drive over to Vail I suppose (only 10 minutes from beaver creek) but parking is a HASSLE and expensive. There are also buses between the resorts.

2. Re: Q&A About BC/Vail Area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 13:37
Get answers to your questions about Beaver Creek