We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
411 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Hoping to get a more "current" list of suggested restaurants for dinner in Frisco. Considering staying at the Galena Street Mountain Inn, so walking distance to places is preferred although not required. Open to high, middle, and low end pricing. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Galena
Galena
Illinois
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Just a heads up we have a new spot to eat in Frisco. There is a fun new food truck permanently located next to the Moose Jaw between 2nd and 3rd on Main street.. The name of the business is Skiveers. Basically it is a pancake ball with yummy innards like ham and swiss, or fruit, or chocolate, etc. They also have stuffed egg balls. Made fresh and reasonable prices, worth a try IMO!

Also somehow I missed Johnny G's - which remodeled just a year or two ago. They have a meatball sandwich made from Momma's ball recipe that is delicious! We often eat here when we need a good dinner late at night - I think the kitchen is open till 10pm or so. They also have a separate smoker's lounge that is pretty big and nice, if you smoke.

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Main Street
Main Street
1,536 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Frisco, CO
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Thanks for posting this. They also have gluten free versions. The food is delicious. It is nice to see new and innovative (for Americans) food coming to Frisco. For a dessert, try Cameez on Summit Bld. Owners are very friendly, the place is welcoming and the treats are yummy!

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

I agree Cameez is a good frozen yogurt/coffee shop - great atmosphere. That makes me think of Foote's as well - old fashion candy shop with ice cream and frozen yogurt - in between 5th and 6th on Main Street in Frisco.

Mentioned in this post
Main Street
Main Street
1,536 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

New Additions...

Foote's has expanded and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the 'yard' next to the building. They offer half price burritos on Copper Mountain Snow Days.

By Safeway, where The Summit Eatery and Mia Zuppas use to be, is a new place called Spinelli's Pizza & Subs. Woah, this place is good. They hand make all the bread, so the sub's and pizza crust are really delicious. The Philly Cheese Steak transports me back east!

Bagalis has recently updated their menu - I just love that place! They switched owners maybe a couple years ago, and boy has that place really stepped up!

That's all for now.

Mentioned in this post
Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain
784 Reviews
Copper Mountain, CO
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Pika Bagel, Jonny G's, and Tuscatos have closed. In Pika's spot is now Bread and Salt (same owners as Bagalis) it is a European Breakfast spot. Where Tuscatos was a new place called Jonny Greco's (former owner of Jonny G's) This is due to open by July 4th weekend. My understanding is it will be Italian Pub style food. The location where Johny G's was is not currently occupied. There are new owners of the Frisco Mall and they are replacing the windows in the front of the building, so clearly they are trying to attract a higher end client than the night club/dive bar Johny G's was. I personally like Jonny G's but the new owner's did not renew their lease.

A Rio is opening by the new Whole Foods behind the Safeway. I don't know the ETA, maybe a month or so - it looks almost done. The new Whole Foods has a rocking pre-made food selection too!

Alright that is all the updates for now. FYI: BBQ Festival is happening on Main Street today and tomorrow.

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Main Street
Main Street
1,536 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Can't believe I am missing the BBQ!

Good to see you back here 1FourFun. You've been missed!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

Thanks! I think it has been three years since our first meeting at the BBQ!? Was at Bagalis again tonight -awesome spot - best in town IMO! Hope to see you around again soon!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

New Restaurant Alert! There is a Pho/Cajun restaurant located in the Baymont Inn and Suites across from Safeway. I have gone to eat there already. I am so excited to have some diversity in town, now all we need is some Greek! The service is slow but the food is fantastic!! I think service is slow right now because they did not expect such an influx of diners.

I have also since been many times to both Greccos and Bread and Salt. B&S is now open for both breakfast and lunch. The food is so delicious there, I would expect nothing less from Joyce and Micheal! Greccos has also pleasantly surprised us. They have some delicious food, much better than Tuscatos - a 1000 times better IMO! Service can be slow on busy nights so just order a bottle instead of a glass! The Rio has also opened, Thursdays there are good apre-ski deals.

Those are the only changes to report for now. :-)

Edited: 12 February 2015, 03:58
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Dinner

We have a new upscale restaurant in Frisco! It is located in the building where A-train and Cowboy Pizza were, on the west side of Main Street. It is called Tavern West. I have been several times and the food is very good. They are in the same price range as Bagalis. The rotisserie chicken as well as the white chocolate bread pudding are quite incredible - the cocktail list is great - the wine menu needs improvement. Check it out!

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Main Street
Main Street
1,536 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor