We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Hawaii
Level Contributor
168 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Was there earlier this year and noticed these places going up. Will be there in a couple weeks. Anyone eaten at the new Rio Grande or shopped at the new Whole Foods ? What's the verdict on Rio Grande, food, ambience, margaritas, etc ? I'm assuming the Whole Foods experience is similar to all the others but how big is the market ?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Bot h are up and running. The whole foods is awesome, I think it is a medium sized WF, but it has pretty much everything I am ever looking for. I don't go during rush hour and it is really never crowded. Th ey have tons of pre-made foods that are delicious.

The Rio is known for strong drinks and ok food, but this location has good reasonably priced food. Thursday's happy hour has the best deals but it can get crowded there. I like their big Texan Margs. My favorite Mexican is still Hacienda Real, but the Rio is good too!

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Real
Hacienda Real
326 Reviews
Frisco, CO
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Exactly what 1FourFun said. The Rio is fun, food is fine but you go for the Marg's. Big plus is it is right at the bus transfer station. Those Margaritas are strong.

I like the Whole Foods. fire pits for lounging/waiting, great prepared food as mentioned.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
168 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Thanks folks. Really looking forward to some high altitude Rio margs. ;-) Is there a Hacienda Real in Summit or that just a front range thing ?

Two nice improvements to the area since my days of living there.

Edited: 02 December 2014, 09:51
Mentioned in this post
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
167 Reviews
Frisco, CO
Hacienda Real
Hacienda Real
326 Reviews
Frisco, CO
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio Grande and Whole Foods

Hacienda Real is not a chain. It is locally owned and located in the Walmart Safeway strip mall. Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Real
Hacienda Real
326 Reviews
Frisco, CO
5. Re: Rio Grande and Whole Foods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2016, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Frisco