We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic hiking near Frisco?

Dallas, Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
Scenic hiking near Frisco?

Hi all -

I will be in Frisco, CO in July and my husband and I are looking for some scenic hiking that is a short driving distance from the downtown Frisco area. Preferably something a little bit challenging and involving a waterfall if there's one to be seen. Any ideas on where we should go?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic hiking near Frisco?

Typically water falls in July are tough. Willow Falls in Mesa Cortina is not that far

protrails.com/trail/400/summit-county-eagle-…

10 Mile Creek is always a favorite though not a hard hike but as long as you want to make it. thecohiker.com/colorado-hiking-trails/colora…

Mentioned in this post
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,063 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic hiking near Frisco?

No waterfall (that I recall) but the hike to Wheeler Lakes is beautiful: protrails.com/trail/376/summit-county-eagle-…

Frisco, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic hiking near Frisco?

Mount Royal in Frisco is a great hike. No waterfall, but the views at the top is pretty spectacular. If you are exceptionally fit you can keep going to Peak 1, but there is some scrambling and exposure.

Mentioned in this post
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
4. Re: Scenic hiking near Frisco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2016, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Frisco