We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how bad are ski conditions with little snow???

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
how bad are ski conditions with little snow???

I'm traveling from the east coast to Vail next Friday and I'm trying to access the situation (and decide if I should cancel). I keep hearing about the warm temps and scarcity of snow in the west. Forecasts are calling for cold weather next weekend but not much in the way of snow. I ski green-blue slopes so the lack of the back bowl won't be an issue, and I know there is snow-making capability. I guess I want to know how grassy the slopes are now and if it has snowed in the past few days. Is it very different skiing on man-made snow? Any help from someone in Vail would be appreciated!!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: how bad are ski conditions with little snow???

I'm the OP. We made it to Vail (and back). While the back bowls were closed, there was no shortage of natural and man-made snow on the rest of the mountain. Add in the powder on Monday, and it was a great trip. Thanks for all the help and the hand-holding!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: how bad are ski conditions with little snow???

Glad you had a good time and thanks for checking back in. We love that!!

23. Re: how bad are ski conditions with little snow???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 18:25