We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Super 8 Motel

Is it safe enough to walk from the Super 8 Motel to Main Street in old Saybrook? I like to have a drink or two in the Rabbit Hole and Monkey Farm. Don't want to be getting a taxi as they are a bit hard ot come by. thanks

4 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super 8 Motel

I would not recommend it. There are not sidewalks the entire way and it could be risky at best.

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
586 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super 8 Motel

Route 1 going to westbrook is a very busy road that has sidewalks here and there. No one will mess with you, but safety from passing cars at night might be the only worry I would have.

You can try the quality inn by the 95, there is the Back Porch which is an easy walk or if coming back from the Rabbit Hole, that section of Route 1 while not that well lit in stretches doesn't have the amount of traffic as Route 1 going towards westbrook.

The selection at the Rabbit Hole for beer is your best bet though.

Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super 8 Motel

Thanks for the response folks!

I didn't know Quality Inn was within walking distance. Sounds like a better choice, only thing is its $250 more expensive than Super 8 for 5 nights. Decisions!

Rabbit Hole is a great spot for sports and a cold one!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super 8 Motel

what are the dates you are looking to come to Old Saybrook? Old Saybrook is not a high crime area and many people walk or ride their bikes in this town. I will agree that this town lacks sidewalks but if you walk with a flash light, which many walkers at night do and wear light colored clothes you shouldn't have a problem. This town gets very quite at night.

Reply to: Super 8 Motel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Old Saybrook