We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

West Leyden, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel

Super 8 or Quality Inn. ?????

8 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel

Is that all the information you can provide? What do you want to be near? What do you want to spend? What sort of place to you want? Is price your prime consideration?

West Leyden, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel

Wow thanks for the quick response. Well we want to be near several little towns near the coast. We thought Old Saybrook would be a good central place and from there we could wander. . We may do Madison and Mystic and all the way to Weatherly RI. We have two nights and I would like to stay in one place for both nights. We want New England charm and we also want seafood and a couple of long beach walks. Moderate price would be great. We don't care about deluxe. We want good location and clean with lots of happy customers and good Tripadvisor reviews. Maybe you want to suggest a different town for our base. We are open to suggestions.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel

I would go with the Quality Inn over the Super 8. Have you thought about staying in Mystic which is one of the most charming towns along the shore? There are some higher priced accommodations right downtown such as Steamboat Inn and Whaler's Inn, but also some more moderately priced places just off of I-95 near the Aquarium such as a Howard Johnson's.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
131 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel

I'd go with the Quality Inn.

Oslo
Level Contributor
818 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel

Saybrook Pointe Inn is nice... but expensive. I would not stay at either of those hotels you mentioned. I would, look at hotels.com and even check out deals for Old Lyme Inn and some B&Bs in Old Saybrook, Westbrook.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel

I agree with Quality Inn much better than Super 8 which to me is not a good chain.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
140 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel

Quality Inn is generally a much better choice than Super 8.

8. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 23:35

Reply to: which hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Old Saybrook