We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach without stones

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach without stones

Is there a beach near Rehoboth that does not have stones when entering the water?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach without stones

Our family went to Rehoboth beach every day of our vacation since I was little. Two years ago I finally gave up on the place when I couldnt get in the water without cutting my feet. We now go to the Tower state beach. It is about a half mile past Dewey Beach, on your left. You will see the signs and the Towers. You will need to by a daily, weekly or annual beach pass at the Cape Henolopen State Park. This gives you access to any state beach (and none have stones). Last year it costs $52 for an annual pass, and considering what you spend for meters the annual pass is better. The only thing is you dont have the boardwalk, food and games at the state beaches. We go to the beach for the ocean and then to Rehoboth or OC, MD for the boardwalk and games at night.

Edited: 03 June 2010, 19:31
Mentioned in this post
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach without stones

The state park beaches at Cape Henlopen , Towers Rd and Indian River Inlet all have parking , concession and showers/changing area. No stones. No meters.

Mentioned in this post
Henlopen Hotel
Henlopen Hotel
293 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach without stones

I'm having a hard time finding Towers Rd on the map.. where exactly is it? It sounds like this would be a good beach to visit

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
665 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach without stones

It's part of Delaware Seashore State Park just past Dewey Beach. I was there on Saturday... really nice beach!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=19971&sll=38.674722,-75.069151&sspn=0.007991,0.014291&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rehoboth+Beach,+Sussex,+Delaware+19971&ll=38.67623,-75.071168&spn=0.015981,0.028582&t=h&z=15

Mentioned in this post
Delaware Seashore State Park
Delaware Seashore State...
393 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Delaware
Delaware
United States
Northern VA
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach without stones

For what it's worth, I was at Dewey Beach this past weekend and there were minimal stones, and only for about a 2' swath, around Dagsworthy St. Can't say that this is true for the entire beach in that area though. I honestly barely even noticed them. Weird that jelly fish seemed to be abundant, at least on Fri. A few of my friends had minor stings. They usually show up later in the summer, so not sure what conditions brought them in this early.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Beach without stones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 13:16