We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Market

Oregon, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Farmer's Market

I see the Englewood Farmer's Market is over for the summer. Is there anywhere nearby that has a Farmer's Market in June?

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,401 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Market

Maybe Phillippi? That is south sarasota.

tallahassee
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Market

Not per say a "farmers market" however Detwiler's farm market in Venice is a good place to go for a variety of fresh produce /seafood. Good reviews.

Rhoades produce in Englewood usually has a stand when the Farmers Market is open. Believe they are open year round with a variety of produce. Will go there for delicious garden tomatoes, the home grown type. They usually have good prices or at least competitive with general food store.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,401 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Market

There is Suncoast on McCall east of walmart- they sell farm produce 6 days a week.

i like going there, esp when I am alone, as I can buy small amounts of things like herbs, chilis etc as I dont need a big bag/bunch.

Oregon, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Market

Thank you - I appreciate the time amanx and jillyfish1 took to respond! I will be sure to check out these options!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,401 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Market

I'd like to know how you find it, i find summer oppressive so dont tend to go often.

I've been in june twice and august once (family wedding).

Oregon, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmer's Market

We have vacationed in Florida a half dozen times over the past 10 years, always in mid-late June. Yes, it's hot, but not as bad as the year we went to Myrtle Beach in August! We love the Gulf, always rent on the water and spend most of our week hanging out with family. Mornings and evenings on the beach, afternoons inside playing games or off shopping, exploring etc. We love that it is the low season for tourism and not crazy busy anywhere. We are coming up on our vacation and can't wait!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,401 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmer's Market

My childhood vacations were all in Myrtle beach (well a little town just south). And yeah it was hot lol.

But my house isnt on the beach (not a multi millionaire yet ;) so it is too hot for me in summer.

Other off season times to go, are late april/early may after easter, and late oct early Nov. Good weather during these times, and low prices.

Reply to: Farmer's Market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations